Sony 64 !! Does this ring a bell? Well, Sony car radios have been dominating the car audio space for quite a number of years now.
When growing up and as a tech enthusiast, I had the Sony 64 car radio in my small cubicle. I remember playing cassette tapes and this was fun.
Later as I grew up, I had an opportunity to own one of their mega-bass enabled home entertainment system and it was a good one.
Well, Sony corporation headed by Kenichiro Yoshida is headquartered in Tokyo-Japan and was founded in the year 1946.
As with other car audio manufacturers, Sony corporation has kept its game up through the years with new advanced car stereos.
Sony Corporation specializes in;
- Audio systems
- Mobile phones and accessories
Gaming and entertainment
- Play stations
- Broadcast equipment
- Medical equipment
- Video security
- Network camera systems
With these multiple electronic appliances, you can not go wrong with sony electronic products.
They have proven to be a reliable and high-quality manufacturer and made tremendous advancements in most of their products.
Sony car radios-advancements
Over the last few decades, this giant electronics corporation has availed to the market quite a number of advanced electronic appliances.
Some of its major products are car radios. And well, the features on these radios are just amazing.
Some of the peculiar features on Sony car radios
- Bluetooth ability
- Touch screens
- Smartphone connectivity and control
- Video playing capabilities
- Digital FM bands ability
- USB and SSD adaptability
- Various codecs employed
Well, Sony car stereos come in two Sizes;
What is a single din car stereo? Well, this is the standard measurement of a car stereo measuring 2-inch height x8-inch length. See the image below.
What is a double din car stereo? A double din head unit has a standard measurement of 4inch height X 8inch length. See the image below.
Sony car radios sub-categories;
Video players – 7 products
The 7 video players are;
Smartphone control – 17 products
In addition to the above, the other sony car stereos falling under this category are;
- DSX-GS80 (Single Din)
- CDX-G3200UV (Single Din)
- MEX-N5300BT (Single Din)
- CDX-G1201U (Single Din)
- MEX-N4300BT (Single Din)
- DSX-B700 (Double Din)
- CXS-G1216U (Single Din)
- DSX-A416BT (Single Din)
- CXS-G1269U (Single Din)
- DSX-A410BT (Single Din)
Digital media receivers – 14 products
As notified to you above, all the above stereos fall into this category. This is so because they have inbuilt digital receivers.
CD players – 6 products
Some of the stereos under this category have been noted above. But in addition we have;
- CXS-G124SU (Single Din and comes with a pair of speakers)
Furthermore, we shall add more sony car radios as and when we come across them.
Well, some of the above radios may fall under 3 or 4 subcategories.
For this reason, the products may be fewer than stated. I will collapse them so as not to repeat similar models as I write the specifications and descriptions below.
Sony car radios; Descriptions and Specs
Sony XAV-AX5000 Description and Specs
Featuring a 6.95-inch 4K display, 3 pre-out channels, and audio output of 55 Watts, the Sony XAV-AX5000 car stereo is a sound beast.
The wide screen enables you to operate this radio with ease thus making your driving fun and safe.
In addition, this sound beast is BlueTooth ready and compatible with apple and android phones.
Other features include;
- Voice control from Apple CarPlay and Android auto helps you with directions, music, and calls.
- Dual USB ports
- Rear Camera-ready for ease in reversing
- Dynamic Stage Organiser that helps you create virtual speakers on your dashboard
- Bezel-less display
- Siri with Apple CarPlay
- Navigation Ready
- Compact rear chassis for easy installation
- Sirius XM Radio ready (sold separately)
- Powerful audio output IC thus producing crisp sound
Sony WX-920BT Description and Specs
This is another sound beast. A newer model of the successful Sony WX-900BT, the Sony WX-920BT is sleek and a beauty to behold.
With a 220 watts sound output (55 watts*4) this sony car stereo has an intelligent audio processing mechanism that helps in producing crisp clear audio.
The inbuilt NFC technology connects your Bluetooth phone instantly by tapping it on the volume knob.
Other important features include;
- 3 preamp outputs that allow you to hook up to 3 amplifiers at one go
- Voice control as you play music, make calls and, use navigation when connected to your smartphone
- Dual Bluetooth capability allowing the simultaneous connection of two phones
- Extra bass button for heavy bass
- USB connectivity
- Can play Flac files among other common codecs
- Advanced contrast display for easy readability
- Multi-color illumination
- 10-band digital equalizer that helps customize your sound
- In addition, this car stereo is Siri ready
Sony MEX-N4200BT Description and Specs
The Sony MEX-N4200BT is a sleek colorful single din car audio that has the extra bass button for enhanced and deep lows.
This car stereo is a sound factory as well. It features a peak combination of 220 watts output carried over its 4 channels.
Furthermore, the RMS is 20 watts x 4 channels. This guarantees you great and continuous power output.
This car stereo has an AM and FM radio tuner and comes with a remote control.
Other important features include;
- Plays several audio codecs, (CD/CD-R/RW via built-in cd player)-(MP3/WMA Playback via CD player)- (MP3/WMA/FLAC Playback via USB)
- BlueTooth ready. This allows you to sync your phone both Android and Apple and lets you talk hands-free and stream audio too
- LCD display with white on black illumination and a blue-lit button backlight color
- 10 band digital equalizer with active crossover for enhanced and crisp sound output
- Inbuilt microphone and a 3.5mm front audio auxiliary Input. Also features a front USB input
- Siri Eyes Free with compatible iPhones, voice control with select Android models, and built-in iPhone, iPad, and, iPod control
- Voice control, dual phone connectivity, and detachable face for safety purposes
Sony CDX-G1200U Description and Specs
Among all the sony car radios, this is the most bought single din sony car stereo.
Do you know why? because it is cheap and truly provides value for your money as it comes with all the great features you can think of.
The audio, display, equalizer and other features are built to perfection thus offering you a great experience.
If you are on a budget, I would suggest the Sony CDX-G1200U anytime. It comes with a detachable face among other features which include;
- 10 band graphic equalizer
- Inbuilt crossover
- Extra bass button
- USB and Aux input
- CD receiver with AM and FM tuner
- LCD display
- MP3/WMA playback from CD or USB drives
- FLAC file playback via USB
- 55W x 4 peak power output
- Subwoofer level control
- 3-channel preamp outputs
You may also like our Pioneer AVH-x390bs Review
Kindly share this post via the buttons availed below.